Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

Hope everyone across the country has a happy and safe Fourth of July! Back in the day, the 4th always meant sparklers for the kids and a fireworks show put on (generally illegally - 'cause what better way to celebrate our country's independence than by breaking the law?) by my dad. He was such a fan of pyrotechnics that I find it rather amazing that he still has all ten fingers and toes all these years later...

There is no way in heck I'd hand the kiddo a lit sparkler, and even with her new-n-improved bedtime of 8pm-ish, she won't be awake to watch any fireworks tonight. Hopefully she won't feel deprived in her later years by her spectacularly un-explosive holiday celebrations.

I'd like to give a special shout-out today to my good friend Kathryn, who is celebrating her first Fourth of July as an American citizen. Yay, Kathryn!

No comments: