Saturday, July 19, 2008

Not so wunnerful...

Oh nooooooooooo!!!! This is the weather forecast for the day of this weekend's Jimmy Sturr concert:

Scattered thunderstorms. High 81F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

How will the kiddo and I get our polka on? (Not to mention getting our swing and country on too, as promised in the flyer?) His website says that

The band constantly attracts crowds of screaming, adoring fans wherever their travels take them. Their tremendous popularity has resulted in not only numerous Grammy Awards, but also being voted “The #1 POLKA BAND IN THE COUNTRY” for the past ten years.

I get the feeling that the crowds of screaming, adoring fans may not mix well with the 60% chance of thunderstorms. The kiddo and I don't want to miss our big opportunity to see the #1 Polka Band in the country in person! I wonder if there'll be a rain date.....?

(You think I jest? As a kid, I used to adore, I mean ADORE, the Lawrence Welk show. I watched it with my grandfather all the time. Seriously.)

Fingers crossed for no rain!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Congrats on winning the Target card! Maybe you can buy some rain ponchos? I used to watch Lawrence Welk with my grandparents too! Tiny Bubbles!!