Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mostly Wordless Wednesday: Sunshine and Sunflowers

There is a field up the road a bit from our house that was planted chock full of sunflowers. We've been waiting for the field to be in full bloom for weeks now, ever since the plants were first recognizable when they were but tiny, green stems mere inches above the ground. We pass by this field a few times a week, as it is on our way to many things, like Wegmans and the post office and Target... For weeks, nothing but taller and taller stalks of green greeted us as we went on our way to run errands. Then, finally, there was one, lone, yellow flower poking up amidst the green. Then five, then a dozen, and when we drove by last Friday, there were maybe fifty flowers in bloom.

Yesterday, we came over the rise on the road past the field and were greeted with hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of flowers in bloom. Of course, I was prepared. I pulled over to the side of the road, changed Kiddo out of her shorts-n-shirt into an appropriately floral sundress and grabbed my camera out of my purse. A few moments later, we'd trespassed far enough into the field for me to take these pictures of my sunshine with the sunflowers...













4 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

So sunny and flowery, just like Kiddo!

Creative Junkie said...

Ooooh Heather, you're right! They're gorgeous and your pics came out cute cute cute!! I told my girls that I'm taking them out there tomorrow and they have to at least appear as if they like each other for at least ten minutes so I can get a good shot.

Connie said...

one of my favorite flowers and a beautiful girl too!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!